Sunday, July 17, 2011

just stuff

So tired today.
Audrina thought she needed to play until 4am.
I told her many times how not cool it was.
She thought she was totally funny though and kept pulling out toys and books trying to get me to read.
Sorry princess...wasn't happening.
She was probably all confused or something and thought it was morning.
We spent the day up in Ely yesterday with Al and Karisa swimming, dinner, campfire and such (they had a campsite). The kids both fell asleep in the the van around 8 after we did some fishing and we ended up visiting until around 10:30 so we didn't get home until almost midnight...she woke up when we got home and I guess after 4 hours of sleep she was ready to go.
Heres some pictures of the kids at the lake...
 Just chillin

 Kael & Tyler
 Poor girl was so excited to get to the lake she fell on the sidewalk running down and got a bit of road rash on her forehead
 Kylie & Kael
Aubrey & Audrina
so lately...
< It's been hot! 80s-90s and its supposed to be in the 90s throughout the week (heat index in the 100s) and yucky icky sticky. The kind you can't sleep in. Therefore I'm thankful for the window unit AC I snagged at a garage sale a few years back... although it really doesn't do much but take the humidity out of the air. But even that is much more tolerable.

< We've been getting some projects done around the house lately. Some that have been like half done for about a year... such as finishing up painting trim. We repainted our bathroom a bright limey green to brighten up the room and I love it! It was a very dark purple which I loved but the room was WAY too small and it was always way dark in there. I finally got my kitchen back splash primed so that it can be painted to match the kitchen walls that were painted about a year ago. We also switched around the fridge and stove in our kitchen which really makes the space seem so much more open! I'm loving it.

< I'm planning on having a garage sale this summer which means I should get a move on it. I have a huge pile of stuff in the basement just taking up space. Anything that doesn't sell I'll just donate. I'm SO not the pack rat type it makes me anxious to think about the amount of baby clothes, toys, and random stuff around this house that I don't want/need.

< We got a new lawn mower that my hubby is pumped about. That means we don't have to borrow one any more. Our old one didn't want to work this year and after watching garage sales with no luck we just had to buy one. We had to go pick it up in Duluth, Thursday, which meant date night for Cor and I! We went to Texas Roadhouse...mmmm yum! I've only been there a few times, I ordered a steak and it was like melt in your mouth, good!

< I really want to get out strawberry picking. I have yet to go since we've been married and I regret it every. single. year. I want to make jam and I've been craving some fresh strawberry shortcake. Yum. Hopefully I can find time for that this week. That is if it isn't too hot.

< I'm so ready and anxious for this little baby boy to arrive. I'm right at 30 weeks but never felt so uncomfortable in all the 40 or 42 weeks with my other babes. It might have something to do with it being summer and all. I'll have to say I enjoy being pregnant more throughout the winter when I can just throw on a hoodie and sweats. That reminds me that I found tons of maternity clothes at a garage sale this weekend for a buck or two a piece! And it was actually cute stuff and pants with long inseams...score! I was pumped and got a bunch of stuff on Thursday night, then wondering why I didn't get more at that price, I went back on Friday and picked up another whole pile of stuff!
 A few t-shirts, long sleeve shirts and a sweater
shorts, jean skirt, 2 pants, capris & leggings
I'm just a bit pumped! I'm too cheap to pay for maternity clothes they cost a fortune!

< We're headed to the camp Saturday for a week. I. CAN'T. WAIT! My whole family should be there minus a brother or two. Like I said, can't wait!

4 comments:

Heidi Lassila said...

Awesome finds! I always buy maternity clothes when I see them at garage sales--hopefully I'm not jinxing myself!
Being pregnant in the summer is pretty uncomfortable! When I was pregnant, I thought that summer was so blasted hot and everyone else said it was a very cool summer! Go swimming every chance you get!

Katie L said...

Sweet Maternity clothes!! We are getting so pumped for next week!

Bridget said...

Nice, I never think about getting maternity clothes at a garage sale while I'm not pregnant. I want to see some pics of your projects! Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

I hadn't heard you were having a boy :) Exciting for Kael! We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our little one too. I have been so much more uncomfortable with this pregnancy than my other ones too! The humidity lately has been so gross. Hopefully we will make it out to the camp to see you guys this coming week, if I am not in the hospital having a baby!
-Heidi