Friday, September 16, 2011

where did the week go!?

 Um, yes, he's going to kiss that fish...
We've been busy around here and I can't believe that Kenton is already a week old! It's been exhausting so far! I've had to go back into the doctor every 2 days or so to check on his jaundice. We have another appointment for Monday...I'm more than sick of that place and people poking my poor baby. It is still a little high but they think it should start coming down from here since he is already a week old. We had Corey home until Tuesday so it was awesome to have him around here for a few days & a friend took Kael and Audrina off my hands today so Kenton and I had a nice relaxing day together! I tried to take a nap but kept getting interrupted by my phone so that didn't really happen. It definitely felt good to not have to jump off the couch every 5 minutes though!
Isn't he cute!!!? Ahh, LOVE him! It's so much fun to have a little baby to snuggle again! I'm hoping he will be a snuggler, neither of the other two are very impressed when I try to get them to sit and cuddle with mom. We were looking through Kaels baby pictures and Kenton looks SO much like he did when he was a baby. Kael loved looking through them and thought it was pretty neat that he had a 'bullical cord' just like his little brother.
The older two have been so good with Kenton so far! Kael suddenly seems so much older and more mature somehow. Yesterday I was laying on the couch while Audrina was napping and he kept trying to take Kenton out of my arms and telling me, "It's ok mom, you go to sleep, I will hold baby for you." Just made me want to SQUEEZE him! And he's been more than willing to help out when I ask him to do things for me.
Audrina LOVES having a baby around here! Although she definitely does not understand how to be gentle. She tried playing catch with Kenton the other day...says 1,2,3! and threw the ball right at him. Today she pulled him onto the floor trying to get him off of the couch. Poor buddy...I'm afraid to leave him anywhere when Audrina is around. Every time she walks by him she says "bay-bee!" and has lots of kisses for him!
My parents and some of my brothers and sisters will be here tomorrow afternoon! Its always fun to have company we can't wait to see them!

1 comment:

Heidi Lassila said...

That last picture with Corey and Kenton is so precious!
Have fun with your family!