Thursday, December 2, 2010

December

I really haven't been in the blogging mood lately.
I can not believe that it is December already! I thought the same thing when November started and it was gone in the blink of an eye!
I've made a little dent in the Christmas list but still have a lot left to do.
The Christmas tree has been up for a few weeks but still needs to be decorated. I'm afraid my two littles are just going to tear everything right back off. I should get the rest of my stuff up too.
Thanksgiving in Michigan was a lot of fun. We had dinner at my Mom and Dads' this year. Keith & Katie and Brandon were there also. We were missing Ryan and Lanette, I think the last time the entire family has been together was Thanksgiving 2 years ago! As the family grows it keeps getting harder and harder to get everyone in the same place at the same time.
Black Friday my Mom, sisters and I had fun shopping. We started out at the Howell outlet mall around 11p.m. (Thursday) and I don't know what compelled us to stay up all night but we did, then headed to Target around 4 a.m. We shopped until 8:30 or so then headed back home for some sleep. I stayed up for pretty much 3 nights in a row. We ended up leaving for Michigan on Tuesday night, (instead of Wednesday morning) since Brandon ended up getting Wednesday off, and drove through the night (I can't sleep in cars). Then the kids didn't sleep very good on Wednesday night I was up every single hour with one or the other, and then Thursday night I stayed up all night again! I really don't know how I managed that but it took a while to get caught back up with all that lost sleep!
I have a new nephew! Ryan and Lanette had their baby boy, Zachary Michael, on Monday morning! We can't wait to meet him! We are headed to the U.P. after Christmas through New Years.
It hasn't stopped snowing since Monday afternoon. I think we have more snow already this year than we got altogether last winter.
I need to get caught up on laundry still.
And grocery shopping.
I suppose I should clean my house too.
I should also plan when I'm going to have my ornament exchange Christmas party. I already told some ladies that I would be having it again this year so I wouldn't want to disappoint...

Toodles!

Here's the few pictures that I did take...

 Cute little Kiersten. Actually shes gotten SO big since last time I saw her!

 Kael & Bennett

 The fam.

 I could just die laughing looking at this picture. Kael did NOT want his picture taken...

Dad carving the turkey. (Fresh turkey...Brandon raised it ;] SO yummy)

2 comments:

Heidi Lassila said...

Kael has such a personality! All your stories about him just crack me up!
Brandon raised a turkey?!

Heather said...

Heidi- Yes he did, a few of them. And some chickens. And chuckers? He raised them at Corey's aunt and uncles house.