Wednesday, April 11, 2012

a happy easter weekend

Marissa and I had such a fun time in the cities! I picked her up from the airport on Thursday morning and we spent a few nights at a hotel a few miles from Mall of America. We spent the entire day on Friday at the mall and probably still didn't see the whole thing! It was big but not that big that you wouldn't be able to check everything out. We just kept back tracking and walking in circles. Next time we'll have to figure out what stores we want to hit before we head there. We wanted to go the the aquarium and mirror maze but we didn't make any time for that. By the end of the day we were exhausted and headed back to the hotel to soak in the hot tub.  

It was so refreshing to get away from reality for a few days and I can't wait to be able to do it again. I felt like it was just the right amount of time and was anxious to get home to my baby and the rest of my family! By the way, Kenton apparently was totally fine without mom and has been nursing just fine since I got home. (I was nervous he wouldn't be interested after having only a bottle for a few days!) 

Hopefully we'll be able to get Mom and all the sisters together next time!
Yes, we were jumping on the bed. We didn't take any 'normal' pictures...

Whenever I'm with this girl I get side aches from laughing so much!
Easter morning the kids had fun looking for their Easter baskets then proceeded to eat candy for breakfast.

When we asked Kael what he wanted for breakfast he said "This IS my breakfast! I'm eating candy for breakfast!"

I totally meant to get a family picture taken before church, but in the rush to get out the door I completely forgot! And after church the kids were covered in food and candy. Bummer.

Kenton's first Easter. (Mom and Dad claimed his caramel filled chocolate bunny, mmm!)


I tried out my flash on this one and it gave it some funny coloring.
We had to drop Marissa off at the airport in Duluth yesterday. It's always so hard to watch my family leave after being here ;( But knowing that I'm heading home in about a month made it a little bit easier. Kael kept saying that we should just not bring her and told Corey when he was leaving for work that he should take the van to work so that we couldn't bring Marissa to the airport. Haha!

And my brother Matt called this morning to say that he was headed home and needed a place to crash for the night. He got in around 4 this afternoon and is just here for the night. We haven't seen him since Kenton was born so it's awesome to see him, even if it's only for a few hours!

4 comments:

lassila said...

oh fun heather but whenever you are with the other girls like mom,marissa,andjessica i always feel so young and to small for any of the stuff you guys do so i am always jeoulous of you guys and when i am as big as you guys you wont have time for me like you still dont but anyway hope you had fun;(wish i could come
from molly

lassila said...

oh srry heather i was just in a grumpy mood i didnt want to hurt you in any way i wiss i could take it all back srry love you;( now i feel so bad
Molly

Heather said...

oh moll doll, dont worry about it ;] i love you!

lassila said...

I love you too abd i wojt i srry