We've had a nice relaxing weekend. Corey had Thursday and Friday off so we've been taking it easy around the here.
I had to head down to Duluth today to pick up my wedding ring. I had to have it sent out to be re-rhodium plated and to get the prongs the hold the diamond in redone. When I brought it in I thought I was just going with the rhodium plating, but the lady said the prongs were so wore down that it was a good thing I brought it in when I did! I don't know what I would do if I had lost my diamond! When I picked it up today I was disappointed in how it turned out...the new prongs they put in seem a lot thicker than what was on there before, I'm sure no one else would notice since they wouldn't know what it had looked like before, but, boy does it look weird to me! I didn't really notice until I was halfway around the mall, I'm sure I could have it sent back out, but, I don't want to be without my ring for another 2 weeks!
It was nice to head down there by myself. I took my time in every store and didn't have to worry about chasing kiddos or an anxious hubby asking me if I'm done ;)
OH! My shelf my hubs has been working on is almost finished! Just needs a final coat of paint and then it needs to be hung in the porch. I LOVE it! We had to go with a shorter version since we don't have a long wall in the porch (bummer!). He mentioned that I should stay off of Pinterest for a while though. He apparently doesn't like my BIG 'Hunny, PLEASE do list..." ;)
He insisted on trying to carve his pumpkin on his own. He actually did a really good job cutting out the first eye on his own, then we decided that it would be much safer if Dad helped him finish.
Poor girl never even made it out of her pjs yesterday! Mid afternoon I decided it wasn't worth dirtying some clothes. After her bath she just got some clean pjs on! Ha! She was so tired after carving pumpkins, she fell asleep on the couch! Shes been making a habit of not taking her naps the past week or so, I hope this doesn't mean the end of naps for her! I enjoy the quiet time after lunch when the younger two normally take couple hour naps!
Audrina is watching me and calling these 'apple pie, apple pie!' Haha, she keeps calling the pumpkin bread I made apple pie too! I tell her what it is and she says, "Oh! Puh-kin bread!" Then it's apple pie again when she wants more. Silly girl.
1 comment:
cute! I like the pumpkins! I carved one yesterday but I didnt like it so I am going to have a round two :)
Marissa
Post a Comment